Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pushing and Pulling

After completing the Pully Paintings, I visited the Charles River Museum of Industry which had a great, although small, Steam Punk exhibition (which runs through May 10, 2011) as well as a fascinating re-created Machine Shop from the turn of the 20th century.  A system of pulleys with leather belts powers a variety of vintage machines.  This in turn inspired me to start this piece (which is a work in progress).

30" x 40"  Acrylic on canvas © 2011 Theresa Bricker

 It's been slow going since I don't have a clear direction yet.  I'm not even sure if this is the way it will finally hang.  But I am excited about it and am looking forward to seeing how it develops.

1 comment:

  1. Like this piece, Theresa. I will look forward to seeing how it progresses. Also loved seeing Marlene's website. I had never seen it before. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete